disable copy paste

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

3. Reading - 5, 24 + 1 By May 20

3. Reading
    4. CLB5R Read a workplace email message about a company fundraising event to decide whether to participate.
        1. If it's too small, use Ctrl-+ to enlarge the email. Read to find out or imagine how well Mike and Jenny know each other, the frequency of receiving such requests, and whether Jenny is in a position to donate. Discuss with 2 classmates when fundraising emails might become harassment, if ever.
linkedin-fundraising-email.jpg (470×393)
  • I guess Mike and Jenny are general friends. not close friend.
  • If I was Jenny, I' d like to help Mike to  fundraising. I don't have income, but I can join in the marathons, post this message or email to my friends. 
        2. Draft a short email response based on your reading and thinking about the situation.

  • Dear, Mike,
  • I'm glad to receive your email, and I couldn't forget the Delicious cookies.
  •  I'd like to help Sarah get treatment. But you know,  I have been in school yet.  I don't have money to donate. 
  • I will join in your marathons plan. please tell me the details. I have already emailed the link to my friends.
  • See you soon.
  • Jenny

        3. Ask yourself: Did you identify specific factual details and implied meanings; purpose of the message; reader/writer relationship; mood and attitude of the writer; and context, register and style?
  • yes, I do did.

No comments:

Post a Comment