disable copy paste

Thursday, May 12, 2016

1. Listening - 3, 24 + 1 By May 20

1. Listening
  3. CLB5L Listen to a phone message from a co-worker asking about switching a shift to make a decision before returning the call.
    1. Write down the key facts, names, times, details, etc.

  • Samantha, Jim, swapping shift, Thursday, 4pm o'clock shift, Saturday, call back, 416 295 9780.
    2. What are some of the options given? What are some choices or decisions you have to make?

  • Whatever, Samantha should call Jim back. Tell Jim will agree to switch shift or not. It depend on If she have free time on Thursday.
    3. Will you agree to switch your shift? List 3 reasons.

  • If I'm Samantha, I don't have important things to do on Thursday. I will agree. 
  • The reasons: 
         Jim is my colleague. If possible I should help him.
         I have free time on Thursday.
         Maybe I will be in the same situation in the future.   
    4. Ask yourself: Did you identify main intent, main idea, factual details, words and expressions; some implied meanings; cohesive devices and discourse indicators for sequence, comparison and contrast; and basic signals in speech for collaboration, turn-taking and interrupting; and recognize and interpret advice, opinions and suggestions?

  • I usually Ignore turn-taking and interrupting. I need to improve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment