disable copy paste

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tuesday's assignment, October 18, 2016

Tuesday's assignment




“I know that is what I said, but it is not what I meant . . . "

Have you ever said that to anyone? Or anyone said this statement to you?
Can you think of reasons why this misunderstanding happens in general?
Briefly share your story and reflect on the reason why this has happened to you or with
you. Then, add a headline to your story.

I have a weakness for English
I am going to tell you a story about language misunderstanding. I don’t remember exactly who told to me.
A Chinese and an American met at a party. The Chinese asked to the American, "Would you like some chocolate?" The American said, "Oh, I have a weakness for chocolate." So the Chinese people made an apology and left. The American was very embarrassing. In fact, have a weakness for someone or something means unable to resist someone or something. Misunderstanding such as upon always happens. The beginners understand literal meaning, but don't know meaning of idioms. I think American learn Chinese will have the same situation. I don't know how to solve this problem. Maybe need more time?


Needs Assessment

How long have you been attending LINC 5/6?
Almost two months

What was your biggest concern(s) before joining the class?
I worried about I can't follow this class before joining this class.

Was/were this/these concern(s) resolved? Why or why not?
No yet. I think my English level is not enough to join this class. I will do my best.

How do you feel after attending this class for x amount to time? What has changed in you? What do you feel more comfortable with?
I like this class. It's good for me. I have more chance to do practice in speaking English. Teacher and classmates are kind and accommodating.

Is there any concern(s) that you still want to work on? What is/are it/they?
For me,every aspect should be improved.

List 10 topics that you would like to learn about in order of their importance from the most to least important.
I'm interested in any topics except political and religious.
1. How to improve speaking skill.
2. How to improve listening skill.
3. Talking at the workplace.
4. Talking with customer service or insurance company.
5. Describe symptoms to a pharmacist or family doctor.
6. Grammar.
7. Writing workplace email.
8. Public welfare in Canada.
9. Geography of Canada.
10. History of Canada.

1 comment: