disable copy paste

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday's assignment, October 27, 2016

Thursday, 27 October 2016


Thursday's assignment

Who are You Going to Pick?

Listen up to that video. A presenter talks about job hiring process, now you job is to write down a quick summary email to a friend of that video. 


  • What is the main idea the presenter is talking about?
  • Name the two groups of people that she had mentioned.
  • What are the differences between the two groups of people that the presenter referred to?  
  • Which type are you? Give examples.
  • List at least two examples from the talk, and finally write one valuable insight to your friend that you took away from the talk.  

Hi Dong,

I really hope you everything is fine. I heard about you wanted to change job. I would like recommend a wonderful video that I watched today. The video's link is Regina Hartley: Why the best hire might not have the perfect resume.
The presenter talked about that the company should pick up what kinds of person. She described two kinds of candidates. one is the Silver Spoons, "the one who clearly had advantages and was destined for success. They had good resumes." The other one is the Scrappers, "the one who had to fight against all sorts difficulties to get to the same point. Their resume might look like no well." According to the statistics, companies that are committed to diversity and inclusive practices would like choose Scrappers. Those companies got more benefits from this policy. The presenter listed Steve Jobs for example. He grew up in hardships. He never finished college. He did many kinds jobs and quit. He got to the top now." I agreed with the presenter's idea. Trauma and hardships are key elements of success. I thought you and me were Scrappers. We enjoyed doing different things. I did many jobs, like teacher, worker, repairman, project manager, etc. you did many jobs too. We always put passion in every job. I liked the feeling that I finally achieved the goal. I thought you liked it too.  All of these experiences made us stronger. Do you agree with me?

Best regards,
Cheng



No comments:

Post a Comment